Thursday, August 29, 2013

Game 1: Fresno State

Rutgers will kick off the 2013 season tonight against Fresno State. This is a very tough match up for the team, since their young secondary faces Derek Carr, who is one of the best quarterbacks in the nation. Tim DeRuyter' squad has BCS aspirations this year, and this is their marquee out of conference game, so they should be fired up tonight.

Rutgers defense has to get a lot of pressure on Carr one way or another (their offensive line is very bad), and have some resemblance of a quality offense to win. But Carr against a young defense is a daunting task, especially since this is a late night game on the west coast. I want to pick Rutgers to win, but I think they will lose a tightly contested game tonight. Here's to hoping I'm wring.

If you missed it, I previewed every position group on Rutgers earlier this week. Read it. Also, I will have more on what I expect from the team this season and the remaining 2013 recruiting profiles next week after I finish this game review.

No comments:

Post a Comment